Tantric Hatha Yoga Immersion – Four Week Series
Time & Location
About the Event
Tantric Hatha Yoga Immersion with Chris Wille
• Weekly in-person class including a lecture, a full-spectrum Yoga practice – asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, meditation, and Q&A time at the end of class
• A recording and PDF document outlining a 15 minute daily self-practice. This is optional, and highly encouraged to gain the full benefit of the practices.
• Access to a private Facebook group to connect with others in the immersion. Chris will be available between in-person classes to answer questions.
Topics covered in the immersion:
• The systematic approach to Tantric Hatha Yoga – Moon, Sun, Fire. Stabilize the mind, sharpen your relationship with prana – vital energy, and cultivate the inner drive to take action in your life.
• Vinyasa Krama – ‘wise-progression.’ You will gain an understanding of the individual pieces of a Yoga practice – asana, pranayama, bandha, mudra, meditation – and the systematic order these practices are arranged.
• Daily morning breathing exercise for purification.
• Four pranayama (breathing) techniques, and four complimentary meditations. These will be taught in-person and a recording will be sent out for you to keep for life.
• The three primary Bandhas – energy locks – used in Yoga.
If not now, then when? We’re living in unique times. Times that call for individuals to cultivate, and use their power in compassionate ways. To live with a clear mind – to discern right from wrong – an open heart, and the fire to take action and create change. To many of us the “why” is clear, but the “how” is not. The Yoga tradition has provided the tools and maps to guide us along the way. These lineage-based teachings, passed down for thousands of years from the Himalayan sages, have now landed in your hands. Tantric Hatha Yoga is a systematic approach to self-realization and empowerment. The consistent implementation of these tools lead to truly meaningful Sadhana (spiritual practice).
Tantra translates as “to expand” and “to weave.” What are we aiming to expand? Our potential for growth, and our mind’s capacity to move gracefully through life. Tantra views our practice, and our lives, through the lens of prana, and this time tested system provides a step-by-step approach for expansion. And what are we aiming to weave? Everything! We are both spiritual and worldly beings. We should be measuring the effectiveness of our practice by how stable and reliable we are off the mat. Tantra teaches that not only is it possible to completely thrive in both the spiritual and worldly realms, but it is our true nature to do exactly that.
Think of this immersion as a 4-week Sadhana (spiritual practice), where we meet in person once per week. The real fruits of our practice appear when we dedicate ourselves whole-heartedly to practice for a long period of time without a break. The Yogic term abhyasa means ‘repeated and consistent practice,’ and Pantanji writes in the Yoga Sutras that abhyasa “becomes firmly grounded by being continued for a long time with reverence, without interruption” (YS 1.14). To give you the opportunity to experience the journey of a daily practice, you will be provided recorded and written content to continue your practice during the week.
I have compiled this four week series through the transmissions of my teachers and my own daily Sadhana. This is an offering for those who wish to create lasting transformation through their Yoga practice. If you’ve been practicing for years and haven’t felt the promise of Yoga come through, I invite you to dedicate this four weeks to yourSELF. Hari Om Tat Sat.
Sunday, April 4, 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Sunday April 11, 10am – 12pm*
Sunday April 18, 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Sunday April 25, 1:00pm – 3:00pm
*note (April 11th time will be 10am to 12pm)
Limited spaces available to keep the group intimate.
- Tantric Hatha Yoga Immersion$222$2220$0